[game_edu] FW: Register Today for Games for Health Conference 2009 in Boston

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 13:40:33 EDT 2009

From: Ben Sawyer <bsawyer at seriousgames.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 12:22:27 -0500
To: Susan Gold <goldfile at gmail.com>
Subject: Register Today for Games for Health Conference 2009 in Boston

Hi,

This email is going out to everyone in my address book who might want to
know or let peers and colleagues know about the 5th Annual Games for Health
Conference taking place June 11 and 12, 2009 in Boston, Massachusetts. This
is the largest gathering of people interested in how videogames and
videogame technologies can contribute to health & healthcare. I produce
this conference as part of The Games for Health Project which I co-founded
in 2004.

Registration is open but is filling up...

visit: http://www.regonline.com/gfh2009 to register today before prices go
up!

As a courtesy to people in my address book I am including a 15% OFF DISCOUNT
CODE: dmgfh09
(enter this during registration for 15% off our current price)

This will be the events biggest content offering yet. Full details on the
conference including travel and lodging information are available directly
at:

http://www.gamesforhealth.org

On June 10 the conference hosts its second set of pre-conference events
which includes Games Accessibility Day and Virtual Worlds and Health.

EVENT HIGHLIGHTS
* Over 55 sessions include many with research results
* 4-5 Total tracks are planned with special tracks dedicated to cognitive
gaming, exergaming/active gaming, simulation + training
* Three exhibit rooms including a dedicated Exergaming/Active Gaming
Exhibit Area sponsored by Humana
* Networking reception sponsored by Virtual Heroes
The Games for Health 2009 conference will be hosted in partnership with the
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation¹s Pioneer Portfolio, which has served as a
major sponsor of the conference since 2004. The Pioneer Portfolio supports
innovative ideas that may lead to significant breakthroughs in the future of
health and health care, providing Games for Health with the opportunity to
become the leading professional community in the growing health games
industry.

If your organization would like to join our growing set of sponsors please
contact Beth Bryant at bbryant at dmill.com