[game_edu] Another game definition question

Dan Carreker DanC at NarrativeDesigns.com
Mon Dec 7 20:51:41 EST 2009

I'm curious. The word "Game" has multiple meanings in English; it
encompasses contests, puzzles, play activities, gambling, trivial
activities, and amusing activities. But what about in other languages? I
assume not every cultures lump all these activities together; is anyone
aware of how what we consider the entire spectrum of games are
classified/defined in the non-English speaking parts of the world?

Dan Carreker
www.NarrativeDesigns.com
"If I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood.
I'd type a little faster." - Asimov