[game_edu] Game "creators"

Casey O'Donnell odonnc at rpi.edu
Wed Feb 4 19:57:23 EST 2009

I don't think this is actually the case. I'm not positive, but based
on my observations at quite a number of studios I'd say that artists
and designers are far more plentiful than engineers. The "domination"
is more perceptual than real. I suppose if you include independent
developers who are working on game code on their own, then it might be
true. But then I'd say we should count all the would-be artists
playing with Max and Maya. Most games are asset/data bound any more
rather than engineering bound.

I'd be curious to know if I'm wrong on this count.

Casey

--
Casey O'Donnell, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Telecommunications

http://www.caseyodonnell.org