[game_edu] Accreditation

Mark Baldwin mark at baldwinconsulting.org
Thu Jul 9 12:03:28 EDT 2009

I've actually worked on an accreditation team in evaluating a school (I'll
refrain from naming names). I had a great deal of trouble with the
accreditation organization because I wanted to fail the school's game
program (the instructors had neither experience or education in games, they
were network programmers), but the accreditation organization put a lot of
pressure on me not to do so, and we finally had to come to a compromise.
Part of the problem was that neither the accreditation organization nor the
school had any respect for the field nor any knowledge of what was required
in instructors or a game program.

So I certainly think there is a strong need, although perhaps the solution
is to work through the existing accreditation organizations instead of
creating our own.

Mark

Mark Lewis Baldwin

Baldwin Consulting