[game_edu] Getting ready for GDC

S. Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 23:06:40 EDT 2009

Getting ready for GDC is always a bit of an ordeal for me. What makes me
sad is that I know this year is going to be a lot smaller than years past,
as the economy has hit us all very hard. Although I am not a really good
blogger, I will try very hard this year to post as much as possible about
the week and share the experience with everyone. Please check out
http://igda.org/education over GDC. I have put up a few new links and even a
blog entry. For those of you who are attending, we will have 30 of the
Global Game Jam games at booths around the Expo. I want to thank Cogswell,
RIT and the Dutch Pavilion for offering us space in their booths to put GGJ
games and a banner. As you all know, booth space is very pricey and for any
of them giving us the space is really a great opportunity for the SIG and
the Global Game Jam to shine. BTW, Intel was very nice in giving us the
computers to use during GDC. We are even holding a drawing for a GGJ
survival pack for those that go around and play at least one game at each
booth.

I am working on putting together programming for several other conferences
such as FuturePlay, Game Education Summit, DiGRA to name a few. I hope that
we are able to provide our membership with professional development, tools
and resources in areas closer and more affordable. Over the past week I
have worked at building relationships with other organizations
internationally to expand our influence and opportunities. If you are
interested in helping me do this, please email and let me know. Your help
and ideas are what will continue to grow the IGDA EdSIG.

Susan
--
Susan Gold
Skype: tahoegold

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
Oscar Wilde