[game_edu] Doctorate in Game Design / Development

Mike Reddy Mike.Reddy at newport.ac.uk
Wed Nov 25 11:25:19 EST 2009

Rather than go for the title, go for the place and more importantly the people. Most institutions worth anything will have contingencies for distance study at PhD level. A few will have doctorate programmes that allow "pick and choose" research, but beware any where there isn't someone just right to supervise your particular interest.

We do Professional PhD routes at Newport, which range from taught doctorates through to work-based case studies. Other universities are likely to do the same. The important thing is to have the right person to supervise you, and access to a good secondary supervision team that can support and contribute to your preferred area of study.

--
Dr. Mike Reddy, Future Technology, Games Development and A.I., Division of Computing, Newport Business School, University of Wales, Newport, Allt-yr-yn Campus, PO Box 180 Newport South Wales NP20 5XR

Technoleg y Dyfodol, Datblygu Gemau a D.A., Yr Adran Gyfrifiadureg, Ysgol Fusnes Casnewydd, Prifysgol Cymru, Casnewydd, Campws Allt-yr-ynn, Blwch Post 180, Casnewydd, De Cymru  NP20 5XR

Tel/Ffôn: +44 (0)1633 432452 Fax/Ffacs: +44 (0)1633 432307 Mobile/Symudol: +44 (0)7971 170 199
Email/Ebost: mike.reddy @ newport.ac.uk (remove spaces/dilëwch y bylchau)