[game_edu] Global Game Jam - Bigger than Ever - We need You!

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 13:06:13 EDT 2009

As you may know, the 2009 GGJ was such a smashing success we have
plans to make the 2010 event bigger (more locations = more games).
This is an open call to all as we need locations all over this big
beautiful globe to host a jam. Last year we had 54 locations in 23
countries, with 1650 joining in to make 370 games. All of the games
are available for download and play. We really want to make the Global
Game Jam a portal for collaboration. The dates will be January 29-31,
2010. To sign up your studio/lab/school please look over the specs
below for what is needed and either sign-up on the website, http://globalgamejam.org
or email us at: future at globalgamejam.org. Schools make for excellent
venues, they typically have the bandwidth to facilitate such an event.
It is the idea of bringing students together with professionals that
makes this so exciting from the EdSIG vantage point. It is a way to
bring the IGDA curriculum framework together and take all that we
teach and put it into practice. Don't worry if you have never done a
game jam before, we can help you through the whole process.

What you will need to host a jam:
Physical space to comfortably seat participants
Internet access (either wired or wireless) for all participants
Access to common game development tools and/or ability to download
and install software
Local IT support in case of problems with computers or internet
connectivity
At least one local official organizer to coordinate the event **
Access to all space and computing resources around the clock over
the weekend of January 29-31, 2010*
Coffee and Beverages & easy access to food
An auditorium space to do a post Jam presentation on Sunday, January
31st
Security (safeguard against theft, etc…)

*We prefer your location was open for the entire 48 hours but we can
accommodate those that can not, it is just less time for your site
participants to make their games.

** The organizer must be a part of all email correspondence,
participate on basecamp and oblige us with meeting all due dates.

The GGJ will provide you with tools to organize your local event,
hands on guidance before & during the Global Game Jam, a web page on
the GGJ site, local & international promotion of the swag, etc…

Please feel free to contact me with any questions, but also check out
the website for FAQ and many more details. http://globalgamejam.org

Susan
--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!