[game_edu] Stepping Down from EdSIG as Chair

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 11:20:20 EST 2010

I put this out last Monday, but it seemed to go unnoticed. However I
think it is necessary to start the conversation prior to GDC as to how
we should properly find a replacement and how we should create a
governing body for the EdSIG.
This is what I sent out last Monday:

Speaking of elections, I want to throw this out there, I feel it is
time for the Ed SIG to have elections as well. I would like to use the
upcoming EdSIG roundtable at GDC (Thursday, March 11th 3:00- 4:00 Room
228, East Mezzanine) to discuss how we should go about doing this,
what positions need to be created, etc... I feel it is time for me to
step down as chair and have some fresh volunteers help us move the SIG
forward. In my tenure I feel we have accomplished much, I am very
proud of our work and continued outreach. I have found my real passion
in the Global Game Jam and would like to focus my attention at growing
and developing the event. The GGJ embraces so much of what we teach
within game education, we will forever be linked to what happens in
academia. It is time for the SIG to come together and create new plans
as well as prepare for the 2012 update of the Curriculum Framework.
The IGDA has created a template for how to do elections, so this
should be a relatively painless process. We’ll have some sort of
nomination process, vetting and election. Those that will not be in
attendance at GDC, please feel free to share ideas on the list.

I would like to hear from people that are interested in the Chair
position prior to GDC.

It has been a honor and a pleasure to chair the Ed SIG for these past
four years. I look forward to helping the SIG grow and move forward.

Please don't forget to vote for the IGDA Board.
All my best,
Susan
--
Susan Gold