[game_edu] Fwd: Cooney Center Prizes: Now Open for Applications

Jose P. Zagal jzagal at cdm.depaul.edu
Tue Jan 12 17:06:24 EST 2010

I don't recall seeing this on this list...apologies if it's already been
posted.

Jose

We are thrilled to announce that the Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame
Workshop has just launched the Cooney Center Prizes for Innovation in
Children's Learning and are now accepting applications! We are hoping
to get applications from a large and diverse group of researchers,
developers and entrepreneurs from around the country, and we need your
help. Not only do we hope that many of you will consider applying,
but we would sincerely appreciate if you could take the time to spread
the word with in your networks.

The national competition is intended to identify, inspire, nurture,
and scale breakthrough ideas in children's digital media and learning.
The competition will award cash prizes and provide ongoing business
planning support to innovators in children's educational media. The
Cooney Center is challenging innovators in two categories:
Breakthroughs in Mobile Learning and Breakthroughs in Literacy
Learning. Up to five finalists in each category will be invited to
pitch their ideas to media industry and education leaders at an event
held at this year's E3 Expo. This year's prizes include $50,000
towards prototype development in the Mobile Learning category and
$10,000 and the opportunity to work with Sesame Workshop to turn a
literacy idea into a product for national dissemination via Sesame
Workshop's revival of the iconic literacy show, The Electric Company.

Please help us spread the word by posting this information in your
newsletters, blogs and websites! If you have questions about the
Cooney Center Prizes, email us
at Mobile.Prize at SesameWorkshop.org or
Literacy.Prize at SesameWorkshop.org.

Sincerely,
The Cooney Center Prizes Team