[game_edu] Surge in college applications / Global Game Jam

Susan Gold goldfile at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 14:33:38 EST 2010

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/01/24/AR2010012401624.html?nav=rss_email/components

I was wondering if other schools or areas were seeing an uptick?

Can we use this as a vehicle to help improve numbers in STEM? If so,
does anyone have an idea as to how to approach using the surge in
applications with the need for technology grads?

---
Personally I think those of you holding a GGJ event at your school can
use that as a great way to showcase your programs. I also think many
locations are using GGJ as a recruiting and press opportunity.

The final number on locations for GGJ is 135 representing 38 countries
- it really shows how global game development has become in the world.

During the weekend of the GGJ you can go to the website and watch us
all via Ustream.tv, Twitter and Flickr. http://globalgamejam.org

Susan

--
Susan Gold
In a completely sane world, madness is the only freedom!