[game_edu] Autodesk Educational Events at SIGGRAPH-Vancouver

Gordon Bellamy gbellamy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 06:25:59 EDT 2011

Autodesk at the upcoming SIGGRAPH:

Autodesk has several education releated events taking place at SIGGRAPH
2011, and I wanted to make sure that you were aware of everything that we
have going on this year. Please feel free to forward the information about
our events to your colleagues and friends in education that I might have
missed.****

** **

*Autodesk Education Summit – for all Educators* event*

On *Monday, August 8th from 3:30-5pm, *Autodesk will be hosting our
annual *Education
Summit *in Vancouver, where we are offering our worldwide community of
educators, program directors, administrators and trainers the opportunity to
connect with Autodesk staff and executives to discuss key industry trends
and best practices, network with peers and learn about our products and
programs. This event will be followed by a reception. Please click here to
register: http://siggrapheducationsummit.autodeskevents.net/****

**This event is open to program directors, school administrators,
post-secondary and secondary educators, as well as professional trainers.*

* *

* *

*Autodesk Digital STEAM Workshop – for Secondary Educators*

On *Monday, August 8th from 1130am-1pm*, Autodesk will be hosting an
in-depth information session about our new Digital STEAM
Workshop<http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=digital_steam> ––
offering teachers a chance to experience our latest project-based learning
program for high school students. The program explores the study of science,
technology, engineering, arts and mathematics through real-time 3d games and
easy-to-follow videos guided by industry professionals. For more information
or to register, please visit: http://www.idesignsol.com/events****

** **

** **

And for your students…****

** **

Please help us spread the word about our first-ever student-focused event: *
The Autodesk Student Experience Event.* We have space for 250+ attendees,
and we need your help to get the word out to your students who are attending
SIGGRAPH this year.****

** **

On *Sunday, August 7th, 2011 from 930am-5pm*, Autodesk will be hosting the *
Autodesk Student Experience* event, a series of free workshops and
presentations designed exclusively for students. This full day of events
will feature classes, one-on-one feedback sessions with Autodesk technology
experts, a seminar from Carlos Baena of Animation
Mentor<http://www.animationmentor.com/siggraph/> and
a keynote presentation by Duncan Brinsmead, principal scientist at Autodesk.
For more information on speakers and registration info, please visit:
http://area.autodesk.com/siggraph2011/student_workshop****

** **

** **

Not attending SIGGRAPH this year? You can view all of our booth
presentations live on the Autodesk
AREA<http://area.autodesk.com/siggraph2011/index> during
the show. Material will be archived for on-demand access after the show.