[game_edu] SCRUM in Game Development

Masuch, Maic, Prof. Dr. maic.masuch at uni-due.de
Sun Jan 9 10:50:07 EST 2011

Hi Nic,
you might want to have a look at our 2010 FDG paper
http://www.uni-due.de/~hk0377/papers/Schild_ABC-Sprints_Adapting_Scrum_to_Academic_Game_Development_Courses_FDG2010.pdf
where we summed up our experiences of some 3 years in teaching game development courses as part of a M.Sc. computer science curriculum.
We found out that you have to adopt the scrum methodology to an academic environment, but all in all I see a fundamental rise in quality and effectiveness of projects.

Best,
Maic

Prof. Dr. Maic Masuch
Professor for Multimedia Technology|Entertainment Computing
Department for Computer Science and Cognitive Science
Faculty of Engineering
University of Duisburg-Essen

Forsthausweg 2, D-47057 Duisburg, Germany
Tel. +49 (0) 203 / 379 - 1434 - Fax +49 (0) 203 / 379 - 3557