[game_edu] SCRUM in Game Development

Adam Parker aparker at qantmcollege.edu.au
Sun Jan 9 18:46:26 EST 2011

Maic,

Thanks for the work. There are parallels to what we're already doing, so
we'll certainly benefit from the rigor here.

Cheers,
Adam

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Masuch, Maic, Prof. Dr. <
maic.masuch at uni-due.de> wrote:

> Hi Nic,

> you might want to have a look at our 2010 FDG paper

> http://www.uni-due.de/~hk0377/papers/Schild_ABC-Sprints_Adapting_Scrum_to_Academic_Game_Development_Courses_FDG2010.pdf

> where we summed up our experiences of some 3 years in teaching game

> development courses as part of a M.Sc. computer science curriculum.

> We found out that you have to adopt the scrum methodology to an academic

> environment, but all in all I see a fundamental rise in quality and

> effectiveness of projects.

> Best,

> Maic

> Prof. Dr. Maic Masuch

> Professor for Multimedia Technology|Entertainment Computing

> Department for Computer Science and Cognitive Science

> Faculty of Engineering

> University of Duisburg-Essen

> Forsthausweg 2, D-47057 Duisburg, Germany

> Tel. +49 (0) 203 / 379 - 1434 - Fax +49 (0) 203 / 379 - 3557

Adam Parker
Senior Lecturer, Games Design (Melbourne)

Qantm College Pty Ltd (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne)
235 Normanby Road
South Melbourne VIC 3205

Tel. +61 (03) 8632 3450
Fax. +61 (03) 8632 3401
Email: aparker at qantmcollege.edu.au
Web: http://melbourne.qantm.com

CRICOS Numbers: 02689A (QLD), 02852F (NSW), 02837E (VIC)