[game_edu] question from the community

pawlicki at cs.rochester.edu pawlicki at cs.rochester.edu
Tue Jun 28 23:06:41 EDT 2011

Ryan,

Just some more data and encouragement for your students. Please
have them look into (or have your program offer) the AP computer
science course. Computer Science is a great choice for people
interested in games. They will also find that the culture of
Computer Science might be more "autistic friendly" than that of
many other professions.

Ted

"It is important that high functioning autistics and Asperger's syndrome
people pick a college major in an area where they can get jobs. Computer
science is a good choice because it is very likely that many of the best
programmers have either Asperger's syndrome or some of its traits."
- Temple Grandin, Ph.D.
http://www.autism.com/ind_choosing_job.asp