[game_edu] Brenda Braithwaite's game_edu rant at GDC

Mike Reddy Mike.Reddy at newport.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 22:25:42 EST 2011

Ian, we do a year long 2nd year module where the first assignment was team evaluation of dev software, using four contemporary tools. Programming students build simple apps to test pipeline for artists and basic 3D functionality and then choose which engine is used in the second semester, when collaborating with the artists. For the last two years Unity3D has won

Mike
P.S. They hate me not just telling them which to choose, and see the evaluation as wasted time when I should be "teaching them how to use it", rather than research-led self-directed study. :-(