[game_edu] Help a graduate student with resources

Derric Clark dclark at uat.edu
Tue Oct 18 09:41:23 EDT 2011

Hello all,

I have a graduate student that is looking for resources to start a research project. Attached is a description of what he is wanting to do. If you know of any resources (books, articles, prior research, etc) that may help him in a literature review please let me know.

Derric

Description
In this digital age that we live in, the rate at which information is open to people is extremely fast, flowing and dynamic. It is because of this dynamic system that we live in, that attention spans are at an all time low. This is due to the fact that children are in a monotone classroom with a monotone teacher with a monotone teaching method. With today's teaching system being entirely outdated, children have no interest in learning subject matters that may appeal to them in their later years. This research paper will talk about how video games can be the niche that instructors need to get children interested in learning all subjects through tangential learning. Tangential learning is the process in which people learn things without realizing that they have learned something. This paper will also talk about the financial benefit that educational video games can hold in the game design industry as a popular venture.