[game_edu] What is the name for this principle?

Suzanne Freyjadis freyjadis at austin.rr.com
Wed Jun 6 13:20:14 EDT 2012

Hi Jim,

This seems like an aspect of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, where a person
is unable to leave a running game unplayed or a note go by in the game. I
know lots of people who want to play a game if they walk into a room and
it's left running or who miss one note in Rock Band and want to start the
song over and this seems like a great area for further research.

I think that the example of the clown game is an aspect of performance
anxiety and negative reinforcement both of which are created by the game
environment. This would also affect children who are risk averse who may
fear of killing or hurting the clown.

Suzanne