[game_edu] 2d vs 3d

Allan Fowler Allan.Fowler at waiariki.ac.nz
Sun Mar 11 23:49:07 EDT 2012

Hi Joe,

If you are considering Corona, I would highly recommend UDK or the CryENGINE. There are some good resources on the web for putting the lessons together and can be as in-depth or as simple as you like. I would recommend stick with level design as the scripting gets a bit tough for an introductory course.

As for Kodu, yes I got the same response - the students thought it was childish, but when the students saw what was possible and when I compared these games with what is on iTunes, the majority soon got over it. Those that did not, were given permission to use UDK, Unity or the CryENGINE.

Regards,

Allan Fowler