[game_edu] Teaching with Unity and Playmaker

Angel Rivera arivera at utica.edu
Wed Oct 15 22:42:28 EDT 2014

On the purely html5 side of things, Construct2 (www
Scirra.com) is great. It has a visual environment, and it is fully
extensible using JavaScript.

Exports to all major stationary and mobile platforms, including the WiiU
console.

They have a free version; however, the site license for educational
institutions is something like £350 a year, unlimited seats, fully featured.

We use it in an intro game programming class open to all majors at the 100
level (we start with Scratch, then we switch to C2).

Cheers
-Angel