[game_edu] Source Control in Education

Gregory Walek gwalek at ccsnh.edu
Fri Oct 17 15:43:37 EDT 2014

I'm reevaluating source control technologies for use in my program and looking for feed back.  I'm looking to know what are my options and what you think is the best option to use.

If you also have any suggestions for best practices to teaching, implementing it, and having students use source control, I'd love to hear about that as well!

Here's some context about my program:
We are a programming degree for game development.  We do use the Unreal Engine and sometimes use Unreal for capstone projects. As such, we can have many & large files that may need to be stored in the repository.