[games_access] Game Accessibility Info Label

Eleanor Robinson eleanor at 7128.com
Mon Jun 25 14:30:49 EDT 2012

While I like the wheelchair/controller symbol for accessibility, my
feeling is that you have to in addition say WHAT accommodations are
present.  Display of that label alone does not tell a deaf person if
closed captions or equivalent are present, or a blind person if self
voicing or screen reader hooks are present in the game.  If a game has
accommodations for color blindness, but no flexibility in controls, it
is still not accessible to many who are motion impaired.

I suggest we support the use of the symbol, WITH a simple statement
below or to one side of the symbol as to the accommodations that are
present in the game.

Eleanor Robinson
7-128 Software