[MacLoggerContest] One tab to RTXn

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Aug 3 07:37:31 EDT 2005

Hi David,

On 3-Aug-05, at 5:35 AM, David Ferrington wrote:

>> With a little extra work we now only need one tab - but as I have
>> found out to my dismay time and time again - what pleases one
>> contester pleases no other.
>
> Don, if you want to move the STXn & RTXn fields back to where they
> were,
> this will be no problem to those of us that will use 6 tabs via a
> function
> key to get to them. 1 tab or 6 is no time difference and the only
> inconvenience would be it not being directly in my line of sight as
> I look
> for them, but that is very minor and I'm sure would become second
> nature to
> look in right place.

There is another mode I was thinking of and that is without the
function keys we have something like this...

Fast Keyboard Logging for Contesters:

    1. Enter call.
    2. Hit return (this does a lookup).
    3. One <tab> takes you to SRX numeric. STX auto-increments (set
in Prefs Panel)
    4. Hit <shift><command> L this logs the call and highlights call
text.
    5. <command> K clears all the fields and repositions the cursor
to the Call Sign field. - Ready for 1 again.

     * Power, RST Sent, and RST Received fields are remembered across
sessions and not cleared since they are hand entered and not found in
a look up.

> Thanks for your efforts on this, I'm sure we really do appreciate
> the time
> and effort involved and your superb support as always.

You are welcome David. Tone does not always come across correctly in
email - I am not angry or upset - just struggling to arrive at the
optimum solution for all the users.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com