[MacLoggerContest] Re: MacLoggerDX tab order

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Aug 3 10:59:07 EDT 2005

Hi Bill,

On 3-Aug-05, at 10:16 AM, Bill Myers wrote:

> On 2005 Aug 03, at 07:36, Don Agro wrote:
>>    1. Enter call.
>>    2. Hit return (this does a lookup).
>>    3. One <tab> takes you to SRX numeric. STX auto-increments (set
>> in Prefs Panel)
>>    4. Hit <shift><command> L this logs the call and highlights
>> call text.
>>    5. <command> K clears all the fields and repositions the cursor
>> to the Call Sign field. - Ready for 1 again.
>
> Hi Don,
>
> I appreciate the effort you're making to satisfy a tiny niche
> (contesters) in a small market :-)
>
> Regarding the optimized sequence; I *think* (without actually
> trying it), that it might be better to auto-increment STX on
> inadvertently changing the serial number without logging a QSO...

Sorry Bill - I didn't describe that well enough - it *is* the Log
action which increments STX.

I have changed the Manual text to read...

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/controlwindow.html>

Fast Keyboard Logging for Contesters:

     1. Enter call.
     2. Hit return (this does a lookup).
     3. One <tab> takes you to SRX numeric.
     4. Hit <shift><command> L this logs the call and highlights call
text. STX auto-increments (set in Prefs Panel).
     5. <command> K clears all the fields and repositions the cursor
to the Call Sign field. - Ready for 1 again.

> This week I got documentation from Jozef for the microKEYER API.
> Do you have any interest in adding support for that device to MLDX?

Yes, Jozef sent me the documentation and I will be supporting it.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com