[PAGID] CVID fatigue

Conley, Mary-Ellen maryellen.conley at STJUDE.ORG
Thu Mar 23 10:53:45 EST 2006

Hi Harc,
I would look very hard for objective findings that indicate active
disease (ESR, Hgb, LFTs, albumin, renal studies, sinus CT).  You have
probably done all of these.  If these are all normal, I would consider
referring her for psychiatric help.  I would be careful in telling her
that the fatique is real but she needs help in dealing with it.
Sometimes the diagnosis of a chronic disease can tip people over the
edge.
Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Conley, MD
Department of Immunology