[PAGID] IVIG and aseptic meningitis

Richard L. Wasserman, M.D.,Ph.D. richw3 at swbell.net
Mon Dec 10 08:03:37 EST 2007

Tryptans can be very helpful both for treatment and prophylaxis. In
three patients we have had to use IV DHEA as a premed. Tryptans are
pretty benign in this setting but I'd try all the previous suggestions;
change product, use sub q, oral or IV steroids as a pre and/or post me
before DHEA.
Richard Wasserman
Dallas