[PAGID] Wiskott-Aldrich study

Jordan Orange orange at mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed Nov 26 07:04:01 EST 2008

Dear Colleagues,

We have recently received IRB approval and an IND from the FDA to
begin a Phase-I safety and tolerability study of IL-2 in The Wiskott-
Aldrich syndrome.

We are currently looking for collaborators and patients for our study.

Our study is motived by the observation that in Wiskott-Aldrich
syndrome NK cell function and actin dynamics can be restored ex vivo
by exposure to IL-2.

The study consists of three 5 day courses of low-dose IL-2
administered subcutaneously over 9 months. It is intended for
patients who do not have plans for hematopoietic stem cell
transplantation. The study will involve 3-5 visits to the Children's
Hospital of Philadelphia. One will include an inpatient stay in our
Clinical and Translational Research center for the duration of the
initial IL-2 treatment cycle. Others will include shorter stays.
Patient travel will be supported by the study.

Details of the study with inclusion and exclusion criteria as well as
protocol information (blood draws, visit timeline, etc.) can be found
on ClinicalTrials.gov at:
http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00774358

Additional detail and protocol information is available at www.wastherapy.com

Please contact us if you have any interest or questions.

Thank you for reading this email,

Jordan

Jordan Orange MD/PhD
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Division of Immunology
3615 Civic Center Blvd, ARC-1016H
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(Voice) 267-426-5622

Sumita Roy-Ghanta, MD
Instructor, Allergy and Immunology
34th and Civic Center Boulevard
Orange Laboratory, Abramson Research Building 1016
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(Voice): 267-426-7772
Email: ROYGHANTAS at email.chop.edu