[PAGID] IVIG and endogenous antibody production

Chinen, Javier jxchinen at texaschildrens.org
Wed Apr 28 00:50:01 EDT 2010

If the vaccine is given when the patient who is receiving IVIg has IgG levels at normal range (i.e. not right after infusions), and provided the patient has recovered immunity, as in post BMT, we have documented titer increases to diphttheria, tetanus, pneumococcus that due to their magnitude cannot be attributed to IVIg (data to be presented at the next CIS PIDD meeting).
We believe that to have one answer the question should include the IVIg dose (supplementation vs anti-inflammatory) and how long after infusion, considering the kinetics and half-life time of Ig.
.
Javier