[CIS-PAGID] Neutrophil Migration Assay. .

Church, Joseph JChurch at chla.usc.edu
Wed Dec 22 16:54:28 EST 2010

There are rare primary disorders of leukotaxis that will not be
identified with adhesion molecule analysis.

In 1991 we identified a patient with a neutrophil motility defect
secondary to abnormal actin polymerization (Blood 1991;78:1338-46). The
only abnormal functional assay was a profound neutrophil chemotactic
defect. The patient underwent successful bone marrow transplantation.

Joe Church
Children's Hospital Los Angeles