[CIS PIDD] Low CH50

Anete S Grumach grumach at usp.br
Wed Jul 11 10:43:47 EDT 2012

Dear Santhosh,

Low CH50 levels could be related to the sample collection. Considering that
most of complement proteins are termolabil, activation of classical pathway
could occurr and it would generate low levels.
Partial deficiency of C4 (usually C4B deficiency) is associated to
recurrent infections and C4 levels are reduced.
The consumption of complement components could lead to low CH50 levels and
the evaluation of split components of Complement system as C3d could be
helpful. Most of inherited complement deficiencies present with
undetectable CH50.
Lectin pathway is not screened by CH50 or AP50.

Best regards

Anete