[CIS PIDD] Warts and T-cell lymphopenia

Fleisher, Thomas (NIH/CC/DLM) [E] TFleishe at cc.nih.gov
Tue Aug 7 17:17:49 EDT 2012

Helen Su felt the lymphopenia was a bit extreme for DOCK8 (in her experience) and certainly a hypomorphic RAG1 or RAG2 mutation could be another consideration although I do not recall that viral skin disease is prominent in hypomorphic RAG mutations, maybe others can comment on that. There is the Taco Kuijpers paper in Blood in 2011 of a girl with idiopathic T lymphopenia linked to RAG deficiency with relatively normal B cell numbers but abnormal B cell subsets – the patient presented during childhood with difficulty linked to a zoster infection and also had sinopulmonary disease (but no granulomas or autoimmunity). Clearly not a phenocopy of your patient but another example of the very expanded clinical phenotype found with RAG defects.

Thomas A. Fleisher, M.D.
Chief, Department of Laboratory Medcine
NIH Clinical Center
Bethesda, MD 20892