[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] Memory B-cells & switched memory B-cells in Antibody deficiency patients

Church, Joseph JChurch at chla.usc.edu
Thu Nov 29 09:55:53 EST 2012

Stan:
We use the panel you described: memory and switched memory. We do not routinely look at switched memory CD21+ cells.
I agree with Charlotte that this does not replace specific antibody responses, but as you suggest there may be some prognostic value in measuring B-cell subsets.
Additionally, sometimes we need all the evidence we can gather to convince an insurance company to pay for Ig replacement.
Joe Church
Children's Hospital Los Angeles