[CIS PIDD] [cis-pidd] SPAD and sIgG2+4 deficiency

CIS-PIDD cis-pidd at lists.clinimmsoc.org
Thu Feb 11 09:29:31 EST 2016

I think Joe's approach is very reasonable. I would point out, however, that
in my experience the overwhelming majority of SAD/Ig subclass deficient
patients have already had live virus vaccines by the time they come for
evaluation. I don't recall ever having seen a patient like this who had a
problem with MMR. Part of the intake history focuses on active infection
following vaccination. These patients seem to do just fine with protein
antigens. Rarely, SAD/Ig subclass deficiency can be a form frust of CID but
there is usually at least a hint of problem with candida or prolonged viral
infection in the history.
Richard Wasserman
Dallas

--