[sbe-eas] DMO code

Dave Turnmire EASsbeList at cableone.net
Thu Nov 4 15:55:52 EDT 2021

Idaho hasn't used the DMO event code for anything historically.  But
NOAA is implementing the NWEM (Non-Weather Emergency Message) feature on
IPAWS and I notice it appears that neither RWT nor RMT is a supported
code.  As we would like to make use of NWEM, that leads to a few questions:

 1. Is there a particular reason why NOAA doesn't support RWT (or RMT)
    on NWEM/IPAWS?
 2. Are any states using DMO in a fashion that expects recipients to
    forward it?  Or does everyone treat this as a log-only event?
 3. Any insight into what the purpose of DMO was in the first place?  If
    it is intended to be a log-only event, then doesn't it just
    duplicate the RWT?  And if it was intended to be forwarded... how
    does that differ from RMT?

Thanks

Dave