[sbe-eas] Which states are using Wireless Emergency Alerts in 2021

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri Nov 12 15:26:58 EST 2021

Correct.  I did not de-duplicate WEA messages.  This is the raw count of
WEA messages (with non-testing codes).

Likewise, some states send Amber alerts through NCMEC and also send an
Amber alert directly through IPAWS.  The NCMEC alert would be included in
"US", while the state alert would be included under the state alert
originator. I understand why they do this, but wish those states would
upgrade their software and policies.

I do not have acccess to the carrier "rejected" status. I counted all WEA
attempts, even if messages were rejected by one or all carriers (i.e.
character set problems).