[sbe-eas] Question for the group about a station carrying a RMT for an in-DMA area but for an adjacent state

Alex Hanson alexhanson1996 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:02:50 EST 2023

Minneapolis-St. Paul market is another example of this as we cover a decent part of Western Wisconsin. Minnesota Public Radio (the state relay) only forwards the RMT from the state of Minnesota or WCCO AM (the state PEP - responsible for the test every other month(?), I believe). But we do receive a RMT via IPAWS from the state of Wisconsin. WCCO does forward the Wisconsin test, I believe. They do have a larger coverage area into Wisconsin, though. Downtown St. Paul, MN is only 15 minutes - maybe - to the Wisconsin border. Very close.

Our stations in the Rochester, MN and Duluth, MN-Superior, WI market get the Wisconsin test as well but don't forward it. Our station in Moorhead, MN-Fargo, ND get the North Dakota test but don't forward it. But we do, for example, forward Amber Alerts on our individual stations ... from say North Dakota.
Many examples. Especially since we have several stations on borders in our network.

Thanks,
Alex Hanson
Minneapolis, MN

Sent via my cellular telephone