[sbe-eas] Question

Lowell Kiesow lkiesow at knkx.org
Thu Jan 11 12:49:34 EST 2024

Part 11 allows states to be creative in terms of how RMTs are conducted.
Your state plan should spell out the details so that there is no ambiguity.

In Washington, the state plan calls for an RMT to only be originated by
government agencies as a means of practice for them, in addition to testing
the equipment.  Broadcasters never originate an RMT in Washington.  We
publish a schedule so that everyone gets their turn, from state, county,
and NWS.   In the event that the government originator fails to do the RMT,
we don't allow a late one or a redo.  We ask that they report the reason
for the failure so that broadcasters have the info to attach to their log.

Lowell Kiesow
Chief Engineer
*88* <http://knkx.org/>*.* <http://www.jazz24.org/>*5 FM KNKX*
<http://knkx.org/> ●*  Jazz24.org <http://www.jazz24.org/>*