[sbe-eas] Question

k7cr@blarg.net k7cr at avvanta.com
Fri Jan 12 16:10:38 EST 2024

Allow me to weigh in on this one –

Some of the factors used when Washington State drafted it’s first EAS Plan was –

*	All Stations are operating un-attended  -

*	Broadcast Station personnel are not hired for their ability to initiate public warnings –

*	There are serious legal exposure issues should a broadcaster ‘get it wrong’

This has served Washington State very well over the years.

Clay Freinwald

Retired SECC Chair