[SBE] SAP Audio

Jonathan Solomon jonstv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 09:56:15 EST 2008

Larry, Jim thanks for the fast replies!

Well, I just can't imagine it's as simple as this:

Secondary Audio Source > ISDN > XLR from ISDN RX to Channel 4 of Satellite
Encoder > Satellite > IRD > XLR from IRD to affiliate provided equipment.

Is it really that simple from our end?

I would assume the affils would have the means to insert the additional
audio channel in our RF channel. Generally speaking, is that something the
broadcaster provides the cable systems or they provide on their own? (or
does it not matter for broadcasters?)

I suppose what I'm asking is, is there anything (hardware), as a content
provider, we would need to provide our affiliates to get them to carry the
SAP?

Thanks again
Jonathan