[SBE] Certification

Edwin Bukont ebukont at msn.com
Sun Jun 22 19:23:43 EDT 2008

Kim,,,is not a guy. The perky electronic princess is the wife of Bill.

As for states winning the battle,,,as I said before, BICSI has become the standard for low voltage commercial wiring at least to the outlet, and it behooves SBE to find a way to work our needs into their standards. What should concern us greatly is that BICSI, not SBE, has an accepted standard for RF cabling as well. If you look in catalogs for coax cables, grounding kits etc, , you will find BICSI certified products. None such for SBE.
Edwin Bukont CSRE, DRB, CBNT Comm-Struction and Services LLC P.O. Box 629; Bel Air, MD 21014 USA V- 410.879.5567 F- 240.368.1265 C- 240.417.2475 ebukont at msn.com Member: IEEE, SBE, AES, PMI Digital Media and Power Systems Integrators. A Harris Broadcast Channel Partner > From: radioresearch_field_operations at yahoo.com> To: sbe at sbe.org> Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:16:59 -0400> Subject: [SBE] Certification> > I've seen some incredibly valid points and counterpoints brought up here in> the past few days, and Kim Sacks did a great job of summing up some> experiences with his local electrical board. This is really getting kind of> scary.> > > > Has anyone ever seen any legal challenges to the electrical boards' attempts> to regulate the electrical side of the broadcast industry? I'm just> wondering if they, nationally, could be coerced to recognize the SBE cert> either by wooing or legal action. At the heart of most of these "boards" is> a valid effort to cut down on disasters, but there is a sideline of feeding> business to the licensed contractors in the state or county; after all, the> unions were big sponsors of these boards.> > > > Having said that, I wonder why the FCC won't get involved in this? They> started the downward slide when they de-regulated everything, and now it> seems like everyone and their brother intends to try to exert their> authority over the broadcast industry.> > > > Much as I hate legal challenges, this seems to be the best way to set it all> straight, especially when FCC-licensed, SBE-certified engineers with over 30> years of experienced are being told they are not qualified to do their own> wiring and are forced to hire a contractor. This could very well cause> station management to start re-evaluating the worth of having engineers on> staff, especially if they are not allowed to do their job because of local> rules and regulations superseding federal ones!> > > > Just my two cents,> > > > Al Muick CBRE> > > > "Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and> business." - Tom Robbins (1936 - ) > > _______________________________________________> SBE mailing list> To unsubscribe, go to http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/options/sbe> _______________________________________________> SBE at sbe.org> http://seven.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/sbe