[SBE] Net Guardian SNMP Monitoring

Kim Sacks radioctrldwife at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:45:39 EDT 2008

Thanks for the quick response Al. I'm so glad I finally found someone that
might be able to help me with this.

I tried to connect the Net Guardian to my APC Smart UPS 1000 via the RS232
connector. The manual for the UPS said it was SNMP enabled, but I was unable
to get the Net Guardian to "see" the UPS. At the time that UPS was the only
thing I had in my shop with SNMP. Sadly, that UPS was killed in a recent
electrical storm. I didn't think of using a crossover cable or null modem
cable at the time, that may have been my problem. Now I need to find a piece
of inexpensive equipment, or borrow something from a client so I can
continue to experiment with SNMP. What would you recommend to test with? I
have a few consumer (home network) linksys routers laying around, do you
think one of those would work for my testing purposes?

--
Kim Sacks, KB3MZX
http://youtube.com/user/RadioCtrlDWife