[SBE] WUSA video on antenna install for Washington DC CH24

Bill Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Mon Oct 27 15:22:29 EDT 2008

I think the chopper pilot is a freakin stud to fly like that. It fascinates
me every time I see one of those drops. It was clean, fast, and probably the
safest way to do that size of antenna removal/installation. I'm all for the
chopper myself. I've used / setup jin-poles for my little antennas - to a
SL-8 from Scala, but anything bigger than that takes some serious rigging
... when you can call the Hawaii Five-O crew and bam done.

I'm curious ... if you paid for a set number of hours ... why didn't they
load up the crew and joy ride until the time was up - :-)

Bill Whitt