[SBE] Suits

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Tue Nov 4 20:19:24 EST 2008

On Tuesday 04 November 2008 05:45 pm, SteelRail wrote:

> I'm a little late getting into the conversation, but I don't even own a

> suit. I wear jeans and a knit shirt to the office and transmitter sites. It

> the summer, I wear Dockers shorts.

No offense, but I've never seen shorts in a board room.

> If I'm representing our cluster at a

> event, like a business show, I either dress to the theme or wear a shirt

> with the company logo.

If you are wearing a logo, you are an underling.
That's appropriate sometimes, but at a show, like NAB, I'll always
be wearing a sport coat at an absolute minimum, for dinner, but
on the floor I'll have a tie, too.

Yeah, I'm an independent project engineer.
Usually, I'm dealing at a Senior VP level, or above.
A UPS uniform is not appropriate in such circles, unless one wishes
to telegraph that one is worth at best, the same as a UPS delivery man.

In the field, in the mud, working, is another story, but I still insist
on a white hard hat. ( not yellow, not blue, not red, white. )

Yes, nearly everyone calls me Cowboy.
If I happen to be wearing a hat,
you can bet is a 6X Resistol, or better.
( more likely Stetson, but they are part of Resistol )

If at a remote is the first time someone meets you, do you wish to be
perceived as an executive member of the team,
or as a promotions intern.

At home, I'm usually in beat up Levi's and a garage mechanic's work shirt,
but if I know you're coming, I'll at least find a decent golf shirt.

This particular automated sig line seems apropo.........

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Garbage In -- Gospel Out.