[SBE] Congratulations DTV

Fluker, Steve (CXR-Orlando) Steve.Fluker at CoxRadio.com
Mon Jun 15 09:33:57 EDT 2009

I got a call from my parents in North Carolina. Now
They have been well informed by me, and I bought them a new HDTV for
their home in Florida where they don't have cable but.... They just
wanted to let me know that ironically on Friday, they had a bad storm
move through and their power and cable went out for more than a day.
Not uncommon because they live in a remote area in the mountains so they
have a generator for their home and an antenna for their TV sets. I did
tell them that they needed a converter box just in case, but they didn't
get one because the cable company assured them that since they have
cable, that they would be just fine and didn't need one. Talk about bad
information! I'm sure we'll hear more stories like this. On the radio
we are warning people that if a hurricane comes through that their
little portable TV sets they've come to count on over the years won't
work anymore. Of course we spin that to let them know that their
portable radios will continue to work just fine and we'll take care of
them with all of the news and information they will need.

Steve