[SBE] Testing of Converter Boxes

Barry Thomas barryt at barryt.org
Mon Jun 15 15:10:33 EDT 2009

The SBE doesn't do equipment testing or hardware certification. That's the
purview of other organizations. I know some member's have done tests, as you have seen on this list. Some some stations have as well.

WCHS-TV, Charleston WV had the most comprehensive treatment I have seen to date but they had to remove the pages from their site. It's Unfortunate because the piece obviously took a great deal of work and it was an excellent treatment of the material.

Barry Thomas, CPBE CBNT
President, Society of Broadcast Engineers, Inc.