[SBE] OK - Ohh great and wise minds

William Whitt billw at betterlifetv.tv
Tue Jul 14 19:18:33 EDT 2009

I have a couple of questions - What is the point of PCR re-stamping? If I
was told I can't remember.

I have a digital transmitter that we use as a STL/intercity relay - Digital
CH23. On the mountain top I have a Drake unit that converts CH 23 to an ASI
stream that I feed to my Full Power transmitter on a different channel. I
feed my STL/intercity relay with a steady stream at 19.392Mbs from my
multiplexer.

At least once a month I lose my PSIP data on some manufactures digital
convertor boxes. I also get weird video and audio issues . I go up to the
mountain top, reset the Drake(unplug and plug back in) and poof everything
is back in order.

Well - I thought there may be a problem with the STL/intercity relay, maybe
it was causing a drift by doing something to my ASI stream that eventually
screws up the Drake on the mountain. I called the manufacture and they said
- the only thing that might cause that is if the PCR re-stamping was turned
on . ???

I drilled into the menu of the modulator on my transmitter and sure enough
the PCR re-stamping was selected. Would that cause this issue? It also had
"Del Null Padding" which by its default was disabled. I left that one alone.

Any ideas? Or is this a direct result of the digital world, and I'm going to
have to come up with some kind of remote reset for the Drake?

Thanks in advance,

Bill