[SBE] Sound card issue -- Tell me I'm not crazy!

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Mon Sep 14 17:01:58 EDT 2009

On Monday 14 September 2009 04:26 pm, Curt Yengst wrote:

> The production guys report that they cannot, nor have they ever been able

> to, record in full-duplex mode. In other words, they cannot playback a

> file from one app (i.e. Windows Media Player) and record it into Adobe.

> They are using ASIO drivers.

While I use different hardware than you are, I have found that setting
the wrong record source ( which MAY not be so intuitive ) will cause this.

For instance, Audacity does this easily *if* the record input device is
set to the "volume control" and NOT to the actual input device.
If the selected input device is the actual input device ( say, line in )
then it doesn't work at all.

Just some thoughts from the peanut gallery..........

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

If we all work together, we can totally disrupt the system.