[SBE] Sound card issue -- Tell me I'm not crazy!

Curt Yengst cyengst at star991fm.com
Mon Sep 14 20:21:53 EDT 2009

It suddenly occurs to me that the reason for my trouble may be that, while the sound card is full-duplex (allowing similtaneous record and playback), it is NOT multi-client; that is, it is unable to be used by more than one app at a time. So playing back in one program while recording in another would not work.

Is there a way to use the Windows sound mixer to "cheat" around this?