[SBE] FCC R & R 73.318: FM Blanketing Interference

Cowboy curt at spam-o-matic.net
Mon Sep 21 08:13:38 EDT 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 07:55 am, Fluker, Steve (CXR-Orlando) wrote:

> Chriss is right though, the good neighbor approach is always good.

> Visit with them, and do what you can.

Yes, absolutely, and a contractor ( such as myself ) *if diplomatic* can
say and do things station personell can not !!

I once ( very carefully ) "went off" on a particularly obnoxious
complainant.
His perspective was that the station didn't care.
After about 5 minutes of his unreasonable tirade, I told him, rather
harshly.....
"Look, PAL, I do NOT work for the station. I don't personally give a damn
about YOUR problem. I am a recongnized expert in this area, go ahead
and call the FCC. Here's my card. Ask the FCC about me, by name !
The STATION, ( pause ) is paying my rate at $80/hr PLUS airplane at
( whatever it was ) plus this car, plus my hotel, or about $3000 dollars
to come to YOUR house and solve YOUR problem. DON'T tell ME they
don't care !! *I* don't, but obviously they do. Abuse ME, and I'm leaving !
*I'll* get paid anyway, and THAT's what *I* care about. "

He got real cooperative rather suddenly, and actually helped me to
find and resolve the problem, plus was willing to accept less than
absolute perfection at that point. Further, all the neighbors knew
within two days that the station was paying BIG bucks to solve
the complaints. Obviously, they cared.

Be VERY careful sould you decide to pull such a stunt.
It can get you in a LOT of trouble REAL fast in the wrong situation.
I present it here as an example only, of what a non-station
contractor CAN sometimes use to advantage, which a station
employee can not.

Make *the station* look like the BEST neighbor they could possibly have.
It WILL pay off down the road.

--
Cowboy

http://cowboys.homeip.net

Lowery's Law:
If it jams -- force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.