[SBE] Career advice needed

Kevin Trueblood kevin at neptuneradio.net
Wed Sep 23 13:52:43 EDT 2009

This is all excellent advice.
I am also one of the younger members of the engineering community. The only
formal training in electronics I have received was back in high school. The
rest of my experience has come from spending a lot of time looking over
shoulders, asking A LOT of questions, and good doses of "trial-by-fire." I
have been very lucky to have some very good engineers mentor me and help
show me the ropes.

As some have mentioned, get to know the engineers in your area. Go to SBE
meetings and see if you can tag along and/or lend a hand once in a while
even if it is for free. Many will welcome it and enjoy the company. If
there's one thing I've learned about engineers is that they love telling
stories and many love to pass their knowledge to others.

Keep readinig this list and subscribe to the radiolist emails. Read Radio
World. Ask questions. Good luck!

Kevin Trueblood, CBNT
Engineer
Mid-West Family Broadcasting