[SBE] Is it worth me pursuing my amateur extra license?

A9xw at cs.com A9xw at cs.com
Fri Sep 25 10:27:36 EDT 2009

My ham license level has followed by interests from Novice to Tech to
Advanced to Extra. I never enjoyed CW but got the last issued Extra license
before the change, according to Radio World. I found building a lot of my own
ham stuff gave me a lot of practical hands on craft and troubleshooting
skills. Gives you an opportunity to really figure out how stuff works without
taking the station off air.
The NAB convention ham gathering has a large population despite being on a
night when a lot of folks have already left town. Is an excellent
networking method. The esprit de corps has often led me to exciting opportunities in
business I would not have had I not been a ham.

henry AA9XW